Search This Blog

Saturday

Yuvraj '100% fit' for England tour

New Delhi, June 23 (bdnews24.com) ? Yuvraj Singh, who is missing India's ongoing tour of West Indies with a chest infection, has announced he is fully fit and ready for the England tour that gets underway on July 15.

"I am 100% fit for the tour and I am sure most of the other seniors who are battling respective injuries would be fully fit for the tour. I am really looking forward to the tour," Yuvraj said, reports ESPNcricinfo.

Yuvraj played a pivotal role in India's World Cup triumph, scoring 362 runs and taking 15 wickets to pick up Player-of-the-Tournament honours.

He is one of several first-choice India players - along with Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir and Zaheer Khan - to sit out of the West Indies tour, that follows a bloated IPL season that began five days after the World Cup final.

Yuvraj rubbished speculation that he had opted out of the West Indies tour since he did not want to play under the leadership of the much younger Suresh Raina, who captained the depleted ODI side, in MS Dhoni's absence.

"I have played under Sourav Ganguly, MS Dhoni, Gautam Gambhir," Yuvraj said. "I have played under so many captains. And Gautam and MS came to the team five years after I got included in the team. There has been no such thing. I play for my country and not for captains."

Yuvraj's World Cup high was followed by a lacklustre showing in the IPL where he led Pune Warriors through a forgettable debut season.

The only time Pune's campaign made the headlines was when they signed Ganguly for the final stages of the event, after he had been ignored by all franchises at the auction.

"Sourav and I share a very good relationship," Yuvraj said. "He supported me a lot during my initial years in international cricket. And I think it was my time to support Dada as he wanted to play in the IPL. We had very good interactions during the IPL season. We had good plans and I hope that we will have good plans and strategy in the next season of the IPL also."

bdnews24.com/smo/1520h


View the original article here

0 comments:

About This Blog

All news from various news paper
there are national international sports
and cultural news here

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger

  © news by Newspaper by polnews24.com 2010

Back to TOP